Our downstairs theatre is our biggest space. Like the upstairs space, its configuration is flexible: it has been used for installations, in traverse, deep thrust and end-on set ups. When configured in thrust, the playing space is of a size comparable with many mid-scale venues. The theatre seats up to 98, and has a large, accessible newly refurbished dressing room.
- Dimensions: H: 4.2m x W: 8.5m x D: 7.3m
- Floor: Hardwood skin over hardwood parquet painted black. Not a load bearing floor. Minimal bolting or screwing through may be done to support a set
- Acoustic: Soft
- Description: Black box studio with semi-permanent rake seating, capacity 150. See Technical Information Pack attached for further details.
- Facilities: Flip chart & CD players available for use. The kitchen is not open to general access, but kettles can be provided on request. Tables and chairs can also be provided on request, but details must be given in advance.
- Access: Induction loop facility available. Flat, ground floor wheelchair access.
Hire the Theatre
Theatre hire for performance is limited to schools, colleges and private events only. If you want to present your work as part of our theatre programme please click here to see how we work with artists to do this.
The Downstairs Theatre is available to hire as a rehearsal or film space seven days a week 9.30am – 6.30pm. Evening hire is negotiable on request. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Half day (4 hrs): £175 (space only) plus VAT
- Full day (8hrs): £350 (space only) plus VAT
- Weekly Monday –Friday (8hrs): £1700 (space only) plus VAT
- Eve/Weekends per night: £600 (staffed 5 hour call) plus VAT
- Monday - Friday: £3100 plus VAt (Staffed 5 hour call).
Email Hire@ovalhouse.com or call Annika Brown during office hours on 020 7582 0080
To open the native CAD file you will need a DWG reader installed on your computer, but for a quick overview you can download the PDF on this page. Please contact Pablo.Baz@ovalhouse.com if you need more help or information.