Our downstairs theatre is our biggest space. Its configuration is flexible: it has been used for installations, in traverse, deep thrust and end-on set ups. When configured in thrust, the playing space is of a size comparable with many mid-scale venues. The theatre seats up to 98, and has a large, accessible newly refurbished dressing room.
- Dimensions: H: 4.24m x W: 8.75m x D: 7.3m
- Floor: Hardwood skin over hardwood parquet painted black. Not a load bearing floor. Minimal bolting or screwing through may be done to support a set
- Acoustic: Soft
- Description: Black box studio with semi-permanent retractable seating. Rake seating capacity 98, standing capacity up to 150. See Technical Information Pack attached for further details.
- Facilities: Projector & screen available for use. Tables and chairs can also be provided on request, but details must be given in advance.
- Access: Flat, ground floor wheelchair access.
Hire the Theatre
Theatre hire for performance is limited to schools, colleges and private events only. If you want to present your work as part of our theatre programme please click here to see how we work with artists to do this.
The downstairs theatre is available to hire as a rehearsal or film space seven days a week 10am – 6pm. Evening hire is negotiable on request. All bookings are subject to availability.
- Half day (4 hrs): £175 (space only) plus VAT
- Full day (8hrs): £350 (space only) plus VAT
- Weekly Monday –Friday (8hrs): £1700 (space only) plus VAT
- One day hire: £600 plus VAT
- Weekly hire: £3100 plus VAT
Email Hire@ovalhouse.com or call 020 7820 7263 during office hours. The rate card for all of our spaces is available to download as a PDF below.
Please note, we do not currently have CAD drawings of our spaces, please contact the Technical Manager for further information.