Our Upstairs theatre is an intimate studio theatre, usually black box, with its own dressing room and flexible seating. The space can be configured in a traditional end-on set up, in thrust, or as an immersive environment.
- Dimensions: H: 2.44m x W: 6.35m x D: 5.76m
- Floor: Lino over concrete painted black. No bolting or screwing through may be done to support a set.
- Acoustic: Boxy
- Description: Intimate black box studio with adjustable end-on seating, capacity 50. See Technical Information download for further details.
- Access: Induction Loop facility available. Unfortunately the Upstairs Theatre is not wheelchair accessible.
Flip chart & CD players available for use. The kitchen is not open to general access, but kettles can be provided on request. Tables and chairs can also be provided on request, but details must be given in advance.
Hire the Theatre
The Upstairs Theatre is available to hire as a rehearsal or film space seven days a week 9.30am – 6.30pm. Evening hire is negotiable on request. All bookings are subject to availability.
Theatre hire for performance is limited to schools, colleges and private events only. If you want to present your work as part of our theatre programme please click here for more information on how we work with artists to see how to do this.
- Half Day (4 hrs): £70 plus VAT (Space only)
- Full Day (8 hrs): £140 plus VAT (space only)
- Weekly Monday-Friday (8 hours): £650 plus VAT (Space only)
- Eve/Weekends per night: £350 plus VAT (staffed - 5 hour call)
- Mon - Friday: £1600 plus VAT (Staffed - 5 Hour Call)
Email Hire@ovalhouse.com or call Annika Brown during office hours on 020 7582 0080
To open the native CAD file you will need a DWG reader installed on your computer, but for a quick overview you can download the PDF on this page. Please contact Pablo.Baz@ovalhouse.com if you need more help or information.